Catching up with Joanna Pease, Rêve’s Newest Rockstar!
Meet Joanna, a long-time Rêver and our newest instructor! For today’s blog post, we asked her to complete some sentences for us... Read on to learn more about her and her teaching style! We are so excited to welcome her to the team and to take her class – she’ll be teaching on Fridays at noon.
1. I ride at Rêve because… I absolutely love the atmosphere it provides. When I have a lot on my mind, it is a place I can come to have fun, see friends, and get a GREAT workout. I am also very competitive by nature, so I love the fact that when I come to Rêve I am focusing on myself and my ride, not looking at a clock or comparing myself to others – it lets me focus on the music and what my body CAN do.
2. My favorite moment in class is when… A song comes on with a strong beat that takes over your thoughts, your movements, and you forget everything else going around you.
3. The most challenging part about becoming an instructor has been… Working on the mic! It is a shift from spinning with others to spinning for others to follow, and vocalizing that. I also have a rather small head… keeping the mic ON has also been a challenge.
4. Three songs you’ll definitely find on my first few playlists will be… - Anything on Ellie Goulding’s new CD! Every song on there is incredible. She has such a unique sound, and the beats are amazing.
- Confident by Demi Lovato. Not only does this strong have a strong beat, but I love the message of confidence no matter what. It is something I remind myself of daily!
- Wind Blow by Bone Thugs N’ Harmony. I have rediscovered this group! I love old school rap, but I forgot just how amazing Bone Thugs are. This is a great climbing song!
5. When I’m not at the studio, you can find me… Traveling! I am a sales rep for an ergonomic furniture company (sit to stand desks) which takes me all over North America. One of my favorite parts of traveling is trying spin classes in different locations! I have spun in Vancouver, Tampa, New York, Chicago, Atlanta, Denver, and Toronto to name some of my favorites! I love seeing what studios do differently, from the music, to the choreography, to the atmosp